The Many Benefits of Green Juices
The results of many experimental studies show that green foods have marked beneficial effects on cholesterol, blood pressure, immune response and cancer prevention. These effects are attributed in part to their high concentrations of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll, the phytochemical that gives leaves, plants and algae their green hues, is the plant equivalent of the oxygen-carrying red pigment hemoglobin in red blood cells. Dietary chlorophyll inhibits disease bacteria and exerts therapeutic effects on bad breath and internal odors.
Green juices such as barley grass, spinach, spirulina and cracked cell chlorella for example can be a great addition to any healthy diet. The benefits of these foods are too numerous to mention due to their synergistic properties. If you have been looking for the optimum alkaline source for nutrition these juices are for you. Below is a quick overview of some of their therapeutic benefits.
- Barley grass juice is considered a superfood containing beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, pantothenic acid, and folic acid. Minerals present include potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. Other constituents are chlorophyll, amino acids, protein, fiber, and enzymes. Barley grass has also been shown to act as a free radical scavenger which can also reduce inflammation and pain.
- Spinach is considered one of the world’s healthiest foods low in fat and even lower in cholesterol. Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. Recent lab research in laboratory animals has shown that glycoglycerolipids from spinach can help protect the lining of the digestive tract from damage — especially damage related to unwanted inflammation. You can expect to see more studies about this exciting new category of molecules in spinach and its potential health benefits.
- Spirulina helps improve the immune system, and provides exceptional support for the heart, liver, and kidneys. Spirulina is also a natural detoxifier, oxygenating the blood, and helping cleanse the body of toxins and other impurities that may be causing illnesses or other health complications. Spirulina is also a natural appetite suppressant, and it helps to improve the body's digestive system. It also has very powerful antioxidant properties and it helps to balance the body's pH, thereby reducing inflammation throughout the body in a safe and chemical-free way.
- Chlorella is a common single-celled green alga grown in fresh water. Chlorella is a good source of protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals. The cell wall of chlorella must be broken down before people can digest it. Studies have shown that chlorella benefits the entire body by supporting healthy hormonal function, promoting cardiovascular health, helping to negate the effects of chemotherapy and radiation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, and aiding in the detoxification of our bodies.
- Adaptogen Herbs such as Astragalus and Eleuthero Root also known as Siberian Ginseng, are substances that enhance your ability to resist stress, anxiety, trauma and fatigue. These adaptogens are anti aging herbs, specific types of herbs that are known to aid longevity and help to ameliorate the effects of aging. By protecting you against oxidative damage to your cells these herbs enhance longevity. Using adaptogens is a natural health approach that will help to increase your endurance and resistance to a large number of physical problems including stress.
Taking in this great nutrition isn’t as difficult as it might seem. These healing green juices can be found in one place Macro Greens. In addition to these green juices and adaptogen herbs Macro Greens also has a mix of; 18 billion non-dairy probiotic cultures, harmonizing and support herbs, antioxidant blend, fibers, and natural plant enzymes. In all a total of 38 nutrient-rich superfoods with a sugar count as low as 2 grams, made possible because it’s sweetened with the sweet herb stevia. A one tablespoon scoop has the equivalent nutritional value of 5 servings of herbs and vegetables. The perfect addition to your morning smoothie or great straight up in a glass of water.
What Macro Greens does not have are any common allergens or other harsh ingredients. Their formula does not include wheat grass, alfalfa, oat, kamut, rye, or soil based organisms. Contains NO kelp, bee pollen, garlic, onion, MSG, GMO’s, yeast, egg, or artificial coloring. It is 100% FREE OF alcohol, preservatives, flavoring, salt, starch, maltodextrin, wheat, gluten, corn, stabilizers, pesticides, herbicides or dairy animal products.
No more excuses, balancing acid to alkaline levels doesn’t need to be hard, bad tasting or expensive. Give your body the nutrition it’s been craving. Take a look at these three smoothie recipes to get you started. Eat green, feel great, laugh often.